Shreveport Common > Implementation
From Vision Plan for Revitalization to UNCOMMON Cultural Community
The Shreveport Common Vision Plan (2012) has been in Implementation Phase for almost 3 years and so much has already been accomplished with $40M of the total $100M budget already completed or started. This is made possible through public private partnerships and the collaboration of over 30 partners.
Completed Projects Interactive Map
Below is an interactive map showing some of the completed restoration projects that are taking Shreveport Common from blight to BRIGHT!
- $38 million achieved of the $100 million PORTFOLIO OF STRATEGIES with 30 public/private partners advancing 36 public/private projects!
- Completion of the restoration/re-purposing of the Central ARTSTATION, Artist in Residence “Tower,” Municipal Auditorium, Oakland Cemetery, 7 historic properties privately restored/redeveloped and 11 in the process
- 38 Buildings now occupied, a 27% increase
- 19% increase in Property Values after 20 years of decline
- 9 new Creative Businesses in former empty spaces
- 15+ new annual Cultural Events
Next: Look inside Central ARTSTATION
2014 Progress Brochure
In October 2014, the Shreveport Common team released a brochure detailing the progress of the cultural district, which we are excited to share with you.
- History of the Area
- Listening Sessions
- Vision Plan Highlights
- Central ARTSTATION
- Public Art & Arts Programming
- Community Green Spaces
- Residential and Retail
- Entrepreneurial and Work Force Development